Have you ever had to replace a drive belt on a print engine? Did you need as many tools as a car repair shop? Well, put your rolling toolbox away, and take a look the new ZE500 print engine from Zebra!
ZE500 print engines were designed to keep mission-critical print-and-apply applications operating with no interruptions. Built with the customer in mind and leveraging customer research, the design focuses on ease of use, integration, and servicing. The ZE500 series takes an innovative approach to OEM print engines where ease of service is key to the design philosophy.
Downtime costs money. Loss of productivity, late shipments, and ruined job scheduling are just a few of the issues that come up when print engines go offline. The ZE500 mechanical design simplifies and shortens maintenance and consumable replacement time – dramatically reducing downtime in your mission-critical print-and-apply application. A quick-change modular drive system and wide-open printhead makes cleaning and replacement simple, and reduces printer repair time.
Your mission critical print-and-apply applications need to operate, uninterrupted, 24/7. Sealed front panel buttons and electronics enclosure that are dust resistant, robust, fan-less construction which prevents debris from being drawn into the print engine, and an all metal construction ensures optimal long term performance, even in harsh conditions. The ZE500 is optimal for production lines, warehouses, shipping docks, and more. With the ability to print in nearly any orientation, adapting it to your operations is simplified as well.
For more information please call us at 708-597-4222, and check out the full list of features and options below.
- Available in right and left hand configurations
- Resolution: 203 dpi (8 dots per mm); 300 dpi (12 dots per mm)
- ZebraNet 10/100 Print Server (Internal)
- Rotatable front panel display (0,180)
- 16MB SDRAM memory, 64MB Flash Memory
- Embedded ZebraLink WebView™and Alert features
- Real Time Clock
- Applicator interface – provides status and control signals for applicators
- Communications via serial RS-232, IEEE 1284 bidirectional parallel interface with auto detect, and USB 2.0 port
- Full function graphic front panel and large multilingual back-lit LCD display with user programmable password protection
- Thin film print head with E3 Element Energy Equalizer
- Dual media sensors, transmissive and reflective, selectable through software or front panel
- ZPL or ZPL II programming language, selectable through software or front panel
- XML-Enabled Printing – allows XML communications from today’s enterprise systems for barcode label printing
- 32 bit 133 MHz RISC processor
- Zebra printer driver for Windows 7, XP, Vista, 2008, and 2003 operating systems
- Advanced media counters
- ZebraNet 10/100 External Print Server. Class B digital device, approved for residential, commercial, or light industrial environment use only. Degradation in performance could occur if used in a heavy industrial environment.
- ZebraNet b/g PrintServer- supports advanced wireless securities through an internal integrated radio card.
- Additional fonts available
- Deported display (HDMI Cable up to 2 Meters in length).
- WGL4 through Swiss 721
- Firmware Support for Downloadable TrueType Fonts
- ZebraLink™ Solutions- Software
- ZebraDesigner™ Pro – An intuitive, easy-to-use software program for creating complex label designs (option)
- ZebraDesigner™ Offers basic features for simple label design
- ZebraDesigner™ for XML – Easy-to-use label design software that enables printing on XML enabled printers
- ZebraNet™ Bridge Enterprise – Centrally manage Zebra printers from a single PC screen anywhere on your global network.
- ZebraDesigner™ Driver – A powerful printer driver compatible with Windows/XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows 7
- Zebra Setup Utility – an easy to use, Wizard driven printer configuration tool.
- ZBI 2.0™ an optional, powerful programming language that lets printers run stand-alone applications, connect to peripherals, & much more.
- ZBI-Developer™ programming utility makes it dramatically easier for programmers to create and test complex ZBI 2.0™ programs and distribute them to the printer.
ZebraLink™ Solutions- Networking
- ZebraNet® b/g/PrintServer
- ZebraNet® 10/100 PrintServer (external)
ZebraLink™ Solutions- Firmware
- ZPL II – Universal language for Zebra printers. Simplifies label formatting and enables format compatibility with existing systems that run Zebra printers.
- XML-Enabled printing – direct connect integration for bar code label printing, eliminates license fees and print server hardware and lowers customization and programming costs.
- Web View – Connect and control Zebra bar code printer’s via the printer’s Web interface using a common Web browser.
- Alert – Printers equipped with ZebraNet™ print servers provide alerts via any email-enabled, wired, or wireless device to minimize downtime.
Bar Code Symbologies
- Bar code ratios: 2:1, 7:3, 5:2, and 3:1
- Linear bar codes: Code 11, Code 39, Code 93, Code 128 with subsets A/B/C and UCC Case Codes, ISBT-128, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN-8, EAN-13, UPC and EAN 2-or 5-digit extensions, Plessey, Postnet, Standard 2-of-5, Industrial 2-of-5, Interleaved 2-of-5, Logmars, MSI, Codabar and Planet Code
- 2-dimensional bar codes: Codablock, PDF417, Code 49, DataMatrix, MaxiCode, QR Code, TLC 39, MicroPDF, RSS-14 (and composite), Aztec
- USB 2.0 port
- High-speed bidirectional parallel interface, IEEE 1284:Compatibility mode, EPC, Nibble mode.
- High-speed serial interfaces: RS-232C with DB9F connector
– RS-232C with DB9F connector
– Configurable baud rate (300-115,200), parity, data and stop bits
– Software(XON/XOFF) or hardware(DTR/DSR) handshake protocols
- ZebraNet 10/100 Print Server
- ZebraNet b/g Print Server (optional)
- Applicator interface with DB15F connector +5V I/O and +24V to +28V I/O versions available
- Thermal Transfer: 40° to 104°F (5° to 40°C)
- Direct Thermal: 32° to 104°F (0° to 40°C)