While most simple print jobs are handled by commodity inkjet printers, or small office/workgroup laser printers, there still exists a need for a heavy duty impact printer in situations which require one or more of the following:
- Multi part forms
- High duty cycle
- Continuous operation
- Industrial operation
If you have a multipart form, without impact, nothing will make it past the first layer of the form. Most inkjet and laser printers are too costly to run hundreds or thousands of pages through a day, and are not built for that kind of 24/7 activity. They also tend to fail in industrial environments like factories, docks, warehouses, etc.
If any of these are a concern, impact printing is cheaper, more durable, has a higher duty cycle, and longer lifespan. If you are interested in a desktop form factor solution for your impact printer needs, check out the Printek FP-5000 series printers.
FormsPro 5000 Series Printers
The PRINTEK® FormsPro 5000 series printrs gives you unmatched reliability and the best in multipart forms printing. Capable of handling heavy workloads, and a host of standard and optional connectivity choices, along with exceptional print speeds, the FormsPro 5000 delivers mission critical printing that keeps your print jobs on time and on budget.
The FormsPro 5000 delivers print solutions in the harshest of environments and gives users an easy to navigate control panel which make it perfect in industrial settings. All this makes printing less labor intense without sacrificing performance.
The FormsPro 5000 Series printers can solve your toughest printing problems.
With the FormsPro Series you’ll print with greater legibility and unsurpassed reliability.
The FormsPro 5000 Series Features:
- Fast draft speeds up to 900 CPS, which can print a typical 1,000-character document in less than 5 seconds.
- Zero Tear for no wasted forms.
- FP5000 has a single set of tractors, while the FP5002 is set up with 2-tractors providing for loading of 2 different forms.
- Auto-Gap feature adjusts the print head according to form thickness.
- Store up to 8 different forms layouts on the printer.
- Easy forms loading with straight-up paper path eliminates the problem of forms buckling and jamming
FormsPro 5000 has a “Heavy Forms” setting to provide for increased readability on thick forms and multi-part forms.
- 900 cps
- 640 cps
- 180 cps
- up to 360 x 360 dpi
- HSQ: 12 x 8 half space matrix at 12.0 cpi
- NLQ: 24 x 18 half space matrix at 10.0 cpi
- LQ: 24 x 36 half space matrix at 10.0 cpi
24 needle (12 needle parallel array)
- HS Draft, Draft, Courier, Roman, Sans Serif, Prestige, Script, OCR-A/B
- 5, 6, 7.5, 8.6, 10, 12, 15, 17.1, 20 characters per inch
- 13.6 inches (136 Columns @ 10 cpi)
- 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12 lpi
- 3 to 16.5 inches width, 3 to 22 inch length
Paper Loading & Forms
- Front loading, Rear Loading (5002 Model only)
- Front 1 to 5 copies
- Rear: 1 to 3 copies (5002 Model) 0.025″ max thickness
- Auto-switching Voltage: 100 – 250 VAC
- Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz
- 60 Watt printing: 18 Watt Power Save
- Parallel Bi-Directional, Ethernet 10/100 Mbit
- Epson LQ-2550, Epson LQ-2180, Epson FX, IBM Proprinter xl24e, IBM Proprinter xl24e+AGM, MTPL, Genicom ANSI, 23 Industrial Barcodes, or Basic Postnet and Intelligent Mail Barcodes
- 24.5 x 17 x 11
- 19 kg
- MTBF – 12,500 hours
- Print Head Life: 750 million characters
- Warranty: 1 year Return to Depot